Friday, April 14, 2006

The HUGE Medical Packet

I received the HUGE medical packet March 9th and picked up the phone the following Monday to make doctors appointments. I had already gone to dentist to have cleaning and cavities filled, as I knew that I would need a clean cavity free mouth to be accepted. I went to family doctor to have routine physical, went hospital to have about 8 tubes of blood drawn for tests, went to health department for TB test, and back to the family doctor to fill in the PC medical form. I then had to simply drop off forms to dentist and eye doctor. I decided to have wisdom teeth out before sending in medical kit so that I wouldn't get deferred when they saw x-ray with impacted bottom wisdom teeth. The whole process of having everything checked, tested, test results back, and forms filled out took about four weeks. I sent my completed medical, dental, and vision packet to PC Headquarters in Washington D.C. via Fed-Ex on April 4th. My toolkit on PC web site was updated on Friday April 7th stating they had received my medical packet and that my file was being reviewed. I've read that medical clearance typically is 4-8 weeks, however heard that some people are medically cleared in 2-3 weeks. I'm only at the one week marker right now so I haven't hit that impatient stage where I want to call the PO (Placement Officer) yet. However I realize that with a July nomination that it is crucial that I get medical cleared fairly quickly. I'm hoping to end clearance by the end of April or very beginning of May so that perhaps I can have invitation by mid-May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home