Sunday, May 07, 2006

My Invite

I spoke with my Placement Officier on Monday May 1st and he said that my invitation would arrive within the next day or two. Just hearing him say that got me excited that I was finally going to know exactly where and when I'd be going. The next day, May 2nd which just happens to be my birthday, I decided to drive home during my plan period to check to see if the invite had come. As I pulled into my drive it didn't look like any big package was waiting for me, but when I opened the screen door I saw the big package I had been waiting for! So I'll be headed for South Africa July 17th as a Primary Math Education Teacher Trainer! The packet had lots of information specific to my program, general information about South Africa, a Peace Corps volunteer handbook, a CD-ROM full of information about South Africa, a packing list, etc. As if that wasn't enough reading material, I went to Barnes and Noble to buy a few travel books on South Africa the next evening! Well, I've got enough reading material and more paperwork (passport, visa, aspiration statement) to keep me busy. I've had a lot of good birthday and lots of neat birthday gifts, but I think my Peace Corps Invite package might be one my biggest birthday gifts so far!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home